Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LegalMatch filed the lawsuit...we are fighting for the right to tell our true story!!

I was just told that the lawsuit is being filed today. As I re-read the lawsuit, I'm confident that we will win the right to continue to post our story of why the service did not work for us, and how LegalMatch is trying to bully us into removing the story. We did terminate the contract early with LegalMatch, but we have some valid and significant reasons why, and we're pretty sure the courts will agree. But we'll find out.

I paid them $29,000 for 6 months for a service that did not work for our company, and I even lowered the refund request to $9,312, but they refused saying...

"I appreciate your efforts at trying to resolve this matter, but LegalMatch is adamant that no money will be refunded, since they are taking a significant loss on your breach of contract. The lawsuit was mailed to the court yesterday, so it should be filed today. I will have you officially served with the lawsuit early next week."

Due to this tough economy, I'm trying not to become a bk victim, and my company has barely enough to pay all the employees each month, but I have just enough resources left to fight for the right to post our experience, so I am going to. I'll continue updating this site on the progress of the lawsuit.

The amazing thing is that ALL this could disappear in a matter of minutes, but they refuse to refund any of the money they took from our account after we terminated our membership.

Not sure if you'll have the same experience with LegalMatch, but what a nightmare this has been for us!!

6 comments:

  1. I also think that Legalmatch is a rip-off. Seriously, this company should be put out of business. It's such a scam. If you want to contact me, give me your information and we should talk to see how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we feel like we were not given a good value for $29,000, and the service didn't work at all for us, but it might work for some firms. I'm just asking for a refund of 2 payments they took after we asked them to stop. You can reach me at bargaincasa@yahoo.com where I can get you full contact info. Legalmatch thinks I make up these comments, but there are actually really bad ones that even I'm hesitant to approve to publish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know of any websites or attorney groups who have shared their opinion of Legalmatch? They are trying to sell me and I do not like the fact that they require a two year contract and so far have been unable to tell me how many referrals were posted in my county over the past few months.

    Thank you for any assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some posts here and there, and this site is starting to get a lot of interest. I know their service did not work for us, and it was a waste of time and money.

    Evidently others agree as LegalMatch has been involved in over 200+ lawsuits. You can find those cases at this link:

    http://www.sfgov.org/site/courts_index.asp?id=77500

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your previous post indicated that you are not an attorney or member of a law firm. I'm curious as to what type of business you are and what kind of service LegalMatch sold you. I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We negotiate debt, and we are to my knowledge the only non-attorney client they have. We notified them immediately that the model is not working for our type of business, but they didn't want to let this sucker off the hook. If you're an attorney firm and you are unhappy, then you'll probably be stuck paying as they have filed over 200 lawsuits to recover fees, with most if not all against non-paying attorneys.

    ReplyDelete